Awakening the Depth of Women’s Brilliance
I WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD where all girls and women feel connected to themselves and trust the magnitude and depth of their own brilliance. I have found my unique way of contributing to this larger mission by becoming a psychotherapist, coach and women’s group facilitator.
Emma Derman Teitel is a psychotherapist, coach and women’s group facilitator committed to the empowerment of girls and women around the world.
She is passionate about guiding individuals and groups into a deeper connection with themselves and fostering the ability to live with embodied courage, grace and vulnerability.
She specializes in depth and body-centered psychology. Emma is a registered psychotherapist in the state of Colorado, a certified yoga instructor, a trained women’s group facilitator and a certified eating psychology coach.
She has been working in the field of holistic women’s wellness for 10 years and uses a myriad of contemplative, somatic and solution-focused therapies.
DO YOU WORK WITH MEN?
Yes. I absolutely treasure and respect the men in my own family and community and deeply enjoy the healing work that men pursue under my guidance. Psychotherapy and coaching is extremely beneficial for men and I am honored to support your journey.
WHAT TYPE OF PSYCHOTHERAPY DO YOU PRACTICE?
My graduate training is in the field of Depth Psychology, which prioritizes an individual’s soul journey and utilizes the presence of dreams, archetypes and metaphors as they are relevant to someone’s experience. Additionally, I am passionate about body-centered psychotherapy and consistently emphasize an individual’s experience of life, emotion, relationship and challenge in the context of the body. I am currently training in Somatic Experiencing and I also utilize my training and expertise in the fields of yoga, motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy and eating psychology coaching in a holistic, respectful and unique way to support people to maximize their self-awareness and so that they feel seen, held and appreciated for their gifts. My philosophical orientation is that you are already whole. You do not need to be fixed and at a fundamental level you are not broken. Therapy is a process of remembering your innate wholeness.
DO YOU TAKE INSURANCE?
I do not contract with any of the insurance companies. Please call your insurance provider directly to inquire about out-of-network reimbursement for mental health services. I can provide you with an invoice to submit if your insurance carrier has such benefits.
DO YOU WORK VIA SKYPE OR PHONE?
Yes! I love working with people in person as well as via Skype and over the phone. In our initial consultation, we can discuss the options in greater detail and select which method is best for you.
HOW CAN I HIRE YOU AS A GUEST PRESENTER FOR AN EVENT/WORKSHOP/RETREAT I AM PLANNING?
I absolutely love facilitating and contributing my work to groups of women who are gathering for a common and shared purpose. My work is suitable for spiritual, psychological and personal development retreats as well as for events focused on female entrepreneurship. Contact me here to inquire about my availability for your event and we will take it from there!
My personal mission is to serve as a powerful conduit of love and compassion in the world. I am here to guide you along your healing journey.
Each one of us is on a unique path, we have specific challenges and lessons that we need to learn and as your witness, confidant and guide, together we will respectfully and lovingly catalyze your growth and evolution.
I am a woman of depth, integrity and soul. Supporting your brilliant unfolding opens my heart, brings me to my knees in reverence and repeatedly restores my faith in humanity and the infinite potential of love.
I know what it is like to feel the power of your own potential, but stuck in the inability to create real change.
I’ve traversed some dark waters and explored the underworld of my own body, mind and soul.
I am here to tell you that the struggles and heartache are worth it if you are willing to ask honest questions, look deeply within and receive support and guidance.
The freedom, self-awareness and love available to you as a result of these efforts is absolutely priceless. I promise.
If you’re wondering about me and how I got here, well, like you it has been a long, beautiful and complex journey. As we get to know each other better I can share more of the details through my writing.
- I was born and raised in the Boston area into a family as the youngest of three girls. Early on I recognized my gift for listening deeply, compassionately attuning to others and the ability to ask hard questions.
- As a young teenager I blossomed into a passionate and heartfelt supporter of women’s and girls’ rights, which continues to this day and has evolved into an unwavering devotion to supporting women and girls to remember their wholeness and experience embodied empowerment.
- Although I was a straight-A student throughout my school years, I always had an inclination for adventure, so instead of heading straight to college out of high school, I instead chose to take a “gap year” and I moved across the country to New Mexico to live and work in an organic bakery. For six months I worked and saved up enough money to then spend the following six months traveling through South America.
- I have lived, worked and played in 21 countries around the world and I hope to visit at least 40 more before the end of my life. For your enjoyment here is the current list: New Zealand, India, Indonesia, French Polynesia, Thailand, France, Spain, Canada, Netherlands, Greece, Cuba, Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Columbia, Ecuador, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay.
- Lakes are my favorite place to swim and every summer of my life, I have spent time in a tiny town called Fourth Lake in the Adirondacks. Four generations of my family on both sides reconvene here every year to enjoy long summer days hiking, swimming and connecting with friends of a lifetime.
- I met my incredible husband Keith Kurlander at Kripalu Yoga and Healing Arts Center. We have been together for 8 years since the day we met and were married 2 years ago at a beautiful farm in Boulder, Colorado surrounded by family and friends.
- I love to MOVE and to BE MOVED. You can often find me dancing, hiking, swimming, on the yoga mat or simply having a spontaneous free-form dance with myself while nobody is watching. In the presence of art, nature and humanity, you will likely find me moved to tears or in joyful awe. With each passing year of my life, it seems I let the world touch me even more deeply and I hope this continues for all my years to come.
- I love all things WELLNESS and incorporate farm-fresh home cooking, organic spa trips, time in the great outdoors and connection with inspiring friends and family whenever possible. I have also been on a long journey of creating a career that feels like self-care and wellness every day and I’m beyond grateful to report that the work I now do with girls and women feels energizing, empowering and fulfilling to me.
- Female friendships and women’s groups are a powerful foundation for me in my life and over the last 8 years I have been a participant, assistant and facilitator of countless women’s groups and retreats.
- I LOVE to LOVE and enjoy my days much better when I feel connected to myself, my loved ones and my place in the world!