Emma Derman Teitel, MA, LPC, SEP, is a psychotherapist, coach and women’s group facilitator committed to the empowerment of girls and women around the world.
She is passionate about guiding individuals and groups into a deeper connection with themselves and fostering the ability to live with embodied courage, grace and vulnerability.
She specializes in depth and body-centered psychology. Emma is a licensed psychotherapist, a certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner in the state of Colorado, a certified yoga instructor, a trained women’s group facilitator and a certified eating psychology coach.
She has been working in the field of holistic women’s wellness for 10 years and uses a myriad of contemplative, somatic and solution-focused therapies.
I DON’T LIVE IN COLORADO CAN I STILL WORK WITH YOU?
Yes! If you do not live in the state of Colorado, we can work together in a coaching context via phone or video conferencing. In our initial consultation, we can discuss the options in greater detail and select which method is best for you.
Each one of us is on a unique path, we have specific challenges and lessons that we need to learn and as your witness, confidant and guide, together we will respectfully and lovingly catalyze your growth and evolution.
I am a woman of depth, integrity and soul. Supporting your brilliant unfolding opens my heart, brings me to my knees in reverence and repeatedly restores my faith in humanity and the infinite potential of love.
I’ve traversed some dark waters and explored the underworld of my own body, mind and soul.
I am here to tell you that the struggles and heartache are worth it if you are willing to ask honest questions, look deeply within and receive support and guidance.
The freedom, self-awareness and love available to you as a result of these efforts is absolutely priceless. I promise.
- I was born and raised in the Boston area into a family as the youngest of three girls. Early on I recognized my gift for listening deeply, compassionately attuning to others and the ability to ask hard questions.
- As a young teenager I blossomed into a passionate and heartfelt supporter of women’s and girls’ rights, which continues to this day and has evolved into an unwavering devotion to supporting women and girls to remember their wholeness and experience embodied empowerment.
- Although I was a straight-A student throughout my school years, I always had an inclination for adventure, so instead of heading straight to college out of high school, I instead chose to take a “gap year” and I moved across the country to New Mexico to live and work in an organic bakery. For six months I worked and saved up enough money to then spend the following six months traveling through South America.
- I have lived, worked and played in 23 countries around the world and I hope to visit at least 40 more before the end of my life. For your enjoyment here is the current list: New Zealand, India, Indonesia, French Polynesia, Thailand, France, Spain, Canada, Netherlands, Greece, Cuba, Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Columbia, Ecuador, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay, Ireland, Italy.
- Lakes are my favorite place to swim and every summer of my life, I have spent time in a tiny town called Fourth Lake in the Adirondacks. Four generations of my family on both sides reconvene here every year to enjoy long summer days hiking, swimming and connecting with friends of a lifetime.
- I met my incredible husband Keith Kurlander at Kripalu Yoga and Healing Arts Center. We have been together for 13 years since the day we met and were married 7 years ago at a beautiful farm in Boulder, Colorado surrounded by family and friends.
- I love to MOVE and to BE MOVED. You can often find me dancing, hiking, swimming, on the yoga mat or simply having a spontaneous free-form dance with myself while nobody is watching. In the presence of art, nature and humanity, you will likely find me moved to tears or in joyful awe. With each passing year of my life, it seems I let the world touch me even more deeply and I hope this continues for all my years to come.
- I love all things WELLNESS and incorporate farm-fresh home cooking, organic spa trips, time in the great outdoors and connection with inspiring friends and family whenever possible. I have also been on a long journey of creating a career that feels like self-care and wellness every day and I’m beyond grateful to report that the work I now do with girls and women feels energizing, empowering and fulfilling to me.
- Female friendships and women’s groups are a powerful foundation for me in my life and over the last 13 years I have been a participant, assistant and facilitator of countless women’s groups and retreats.
- I LOVE to LOVE and enjoy my days much better when I feel connected to myself, my loved ones and my place in the world!