Have you ever read a book so good that you could hardly put it down?
So powerful, so enriching, so provocative that you hung on every last word?
Well, just recently I had the honor and privilege to receive an advanced copy of Kimberly Ann Johnson’s newest book, and it is one of these books and then some!
Kimberly is a brilliant and pioneering Somatic Experiencing™ Practitioner, educator, and author. She helps women heal trauma, awaken their power and feel at home in their bodies so they can start living life on their own terms.
Her life changing book Call of the Wild: How We Heal Trauma, Awaken Our Own Power, and Use It For Good is officially published as of TODAY and I could not be more excited to have her with us on the podcast this week.
In this week’s episode Kimberly and I cover:
- How Kimberly is doing personally as her new book comes out.
- The back story of how Kimberly got the idea for Call of the Wild.
- The predator/prey dynamic she started to notice inside women’s nervous systems when she was working intensively with thousands of women one on one.
- How the #metoo movement compelled Kimberly to courageously speak up and share more of her controversial views on gender dynamics and what true women’s empowerment actually is.
- How to activate your inner jaguar, what that means and why it is critical for women to do so.
- The risk of becoming more ourselves and how to summon the deep courage to do so.
- Upper limits and how we can overcome our personal limitations and increase our ability to receive goodness.
- How our personal and collective trauma healing create the possibility for a new culture to form–one which could work a lot better for all of us.
And SO much more!
Kimberly is an inspiration, a devoted advocate for women’s health & healing and a powerful example of what is possible when a woman digs deep and commits to her own trauma healing.