In this week’s episode Bari and I cover so many rich topics including:
- How and why Bari transitioned from working in the mental health field to working as a bookkeeper and eventually became a successful entrepreneur weaving the two worlds of therapy and finance.
- The type of money culture Bari was raised in and how that shaped both her personhood and her life’s work.
- The intersection of money and power and how to become more conscious around both.
- How Bari’s work and business models have evolved over the years and why a long life requires creative adaptation in the money realm.
- Why transitions such as marriage, graduations, childbirth, health crises, death & peri-menopause require us to tune in and listen to what is required both financially and across the whole spectrum of our lives.
- The non-linear equation of: money, time, energy, family, health & giving and how to sort through your personal transitions and values as they relate to money.
- How to tap in to intuition as a tool for figuring out tough money riddles.
- How Bari is integrating social justice work into her personal life as well as her Art of Money program as a white and Jewish woman.
- Why it is essential to incorporate our individuality into our money routines/practices.
And so much more!
This conversation is a beautiful integration of Bari’s personal stories–one woman’s journey of doing her inner work, trusting herself and evolving with life’s many twists and turns– as well as her powerful wisdom and professional expertise on the subject of women and money.
I know you’re going to LOVE it!
Bari Tessler Linden, M.A., is a financial therapist, author, and founder of The Art of Money, a year-long money school and global community.
The Art of Money offers a personal approach to financial therapy through an evergreen program model – the doors are open to new members anytime they’re ready to begin their journey. Focusing on three phases of Money Healing, Money Practices, and Money Maps, Bari’s integrative approach allows our relationship with money to be a gateway to self-awareness and a training ground for compassion, confidence, and self-worth. This work weaves practical financial tools with a nurturing, body-centered approach that integrates personal, couples, family, and creative entrepreneurial money teachings. More than 500 people from around the world participate in the Art of Money program every year.
Bari’s work has been featured on Oprah.com, the Huffington Post, Inc.com, Reuters Money, USA Today, and REDBOOK Magazine. She has also been featured on the cover of Experience Life Magazine and Mindful Magazine.
In 2016, Bari released her award-winning book, The Art of Money: A Life-Changing Guide to Financial Happiness, published by Parallax Press. She can often be found hiking the mountain trails in Boulder, Colorado, where she lives with her husband, son, and their multitude of cats.
To learn more about Bari and work visit her website:https://baritessler.com