I’m eager to continue our conversation this month around the topic of women and health.
There are so many important factors when it comes to our health, but solid nutrition goes a long way–it can literally make or break our experience of well-being.
And that’s why I’m so excited today to introduce you to Chef Maria Cooper.
Maria is an author, nourishment coach, dance teacher and executive chef who is passionate about creating nutrient-dense, vibrant dishes that nurture the body and soul. Her book, Heartful Kitchen, a Cookbook for Every Body is my go-to cookbook most nights of the week.
In this week’s episode Chef Maria and I cover:
- Maria’s personal health crisis that catalyzed her interest in natural foods.
- How to practically set ourselves up for success when it comes to nutrition and health.
- The value of creating a nutrient dense backdrop for everything we want to accomplish, experience and have in our lives.
- The concept of food for fuel, what it means to eat in this way and why it can be so beneficial.
- The difference between short term diets or cleanses versus learning a new way of being in relationship to our food/nutrition.
- Maria’s 5 core foundations of health and how to start incorporating them into your life.
- How to oscillate between both giving and receiving as women when it comes to health and energy.
- How to cut through all the noise regarding nutrition and actually figure out what works for you.
- Why it’s so important to resist perfectionism and instead to focus on realistic, small changes if you want to experience long-term sustainable change with your health.
And SO much more.
Maria is such a thoughtful, warm and inspiring woman–and her food is truly some of the best I’ve ever eaten, so she really knows what she’s talking about!