I am touched to be introducing April’s podcast theme to you all on the subject of women, trauma & triumph.
Preparing these interviews for you has reminded me of how much respect I have for the human experience–particularly the female human experience.
We go through SO much every day and over the course of our lifetimes and no matter who we are, or where we come from, both trauma and triumph are a part of the deal.
And this is why I am so excited to bring these conversations forward to you.
Per usual, in this week’s episode I am introducing the theme to you all, giving some context and background, offering practical tools you can put to use right away and sharing my favorite books and resources to accompany you on your journey.
In this week’s episode I cover:
- My big wake-up call about women and why I decided to study trauma intensively.
- The three main types of trauma, what they are, and how they impact us.
- Why trauma is in the eye of the beholder and why we need to validate and care for our own experiences regardless of what others may tell us.
- Some of the most common signs/symptoms of trauma as well as some surprising symptoms that could be related to trauma even if you don’t realize it.
- Individual vs. collective trauma and why we need to be aware of both.
- Intergenerational trauma and adaptations and how to become more conscious of these patterns.
- Post traumatic growth and the opportunity for an even better life after experiencing trauma.
- How people heal, integrate and triumph after traumatic experiences.
- 4 practical ways to start addressing and dealing with your trauma today.
- My favorite book recommendations on the subject of trauma so you can go deeper into the areas that interest you.
- My favorite trauma healing modalities if you are looking for more individual support.